Frank Warren, the promoter of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury (32-0-1, 23 KOs), said that he still hopes to arrange Tyson's fight with ex-world champion Anthony Joshua.
"We will try to do it today. We are working hard to complete the process. It would be great if everyone agreed with all the points."
"Tyson told me what he wanted. He waited ten days for the contract and lost patience. Today we had a good meeting, we will try to convince him."
"We are waiting for the contract. Previously agreed on certain points and handed it over to Joshua's side for signing and waited for more than ten days. As far as I understand, it is not signed yet. My son George spoke to Joshua's team and said that the contract will be signed, so we are waiting."
Fury previously stated that he no longer intends to fight Joshua, as Anthony's time to think is over. Tyson gave Joshua an ultimatum to sign the contract by Monday, September 26. Fury stated that the negotiations had dragged on too long and did not want Anthony dictating his terms to him.
Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, stated that there was no chance of a deal being signed in such a short period of time. In his opinion, in this way Fury chose to avoid the fight.
Joshua, in turn, agreed to sign the contract. The boxer said that the legal nuances of the fight remained to be agreed.
In August, Joshua lost a split decision to Ukrainian boxer, WBA/WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight world champion Oleksandr Usyk.
Fury defeated Dillian Whyte early in April of this year, after which he twice announced the end of his professional career. At the same time, Tyson has not yet vacated the WBC championship belt.